Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm back

Hey everyone! How was your Thanksgiving? Ours were great! Both of them :) We had Thanksgiving with Dave and Melissa and the kids last week, and then with the Alexander family yesterday. It was great! We had a great time yesterday eating and getting a little crazy over 3 Railroads, Marvin Gardens and New York Ave. It was... great :) No, really it was fun. Especially knowing that I'm the only one who can hold their head up high knowing I took the high road. (Yeah... you guys know what I'm talking about :))
Having Melissa and the gang here was great! I had a good time anyway. Everyone did end up sick with virus that we all had earlier. I felt bad for that, but it was short lived. Not real sure where the time went. We did play a few card games and a wii game or two. Emilie loved having everyone here! Just ask Andy :} The very last day they were here that kids were all getting a little done. Andy was being nice and trying to give Emilie a hug and she didn't want a hug. She yells at him "No Andy...go read your story!"
We thought it was funny. Really they all got a long great and Emilie wants to be just like Kari Beth now.
Not much else to talk about. We got our Christmas tree up, but not decorated yet. So far Tom has payed no attention to it! Thank you Jesus! I was so afraid he'd have it down on his head the first day. Emilie is very excited about Christmas this year! Although slightly confused after seeing Papa and Bro. Johnny in the Santa suit. We may have scarred her for life...too early to tell.
The other night we were driving in the car and listening to Emilie talk to Tom.
"I love you Tom...so much. You know that?". I just melted. He are some of the latest thing Emilie has said...
"Dad what is your favorite game? Caleb said "I don't know. I like lots of games" "Oh, you like lots of games... that's cool."

The night we bought our Christmas tree Emilie fell asleep in the car. We put her right to bed and set the tree up later that night. The next morning I heard her open up her bedroom door and come out. Then she stopped and we heard her whisper... "Oh a Christmas tree!!! Wow! I love it. Thank you Mom and Dad."
She was playing in the kitchen at Mom and Dads and was looking in a bag. "Hmmm what's in here. Nuthin... that's just terrible."

Thomas took 2 steps that other day for Papa. It was really cute. He's shaky when it comes to steps, but he'll just stand balanced by him self for a long time. Being able to do that I would imagine he'll be walking soon. We'll see.

Well I guess I'd better get going.

4 comments:

Erika J. said...

Emilie sounds hilarious! Kailee, who's 3, talked really good like at a young age. Madelynn, who's 1 now, won't hardly say anything.

Erika J. said...

like that*

Tammy K. said...

Cute stories. That Emma is great. I wish I could be around her more.

Dave and Melissa said...

I had a great time with you all!! I miss ya :) But God is good and gas is cheep so maybe we will see you again in a month or 2!!! And the pic of you and Phil is great! He is so crazy......