Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Let me 'spain..."

Okay Bro. Ray... I feel the need to explain the whole "cupcake" thing. When Philip was 5ish I was holding him in my lap and he looks up at me and says... " Mandie you're my cupcake. And Cathy is my twinkie. And Tammy... she's my ding-dong". I will never forget that moment! He was so serious and had no idea what he just said. It was priceless. I will never let him (or Tammy for that matter) forget it. :) Love ya Tam!!
How is everyone? We are doing good. God has blessed us in church recently. On Tues night Bro. and Sis. Bock surprised us and came for prayer meeting!! It was great to have them. Paul led some wonderful worship songs and I really felt moved during my prayer time. Caleb was home and it always feels so much better to pray next to him. Can't explain it other than you truly become one flesh and when you are apart it's so hard.
I have a prayer request. Every winter BNSF (Caleb's employer) furloughs employees. Usually it's on for a few weeks and Caleb manages to work and make it through. This year he is going to be hard pressed to make it working through Dec. They are talking about laying off for a couple of months. I know that Gods is in control and He will provide no matter what. Please pray that His will will be done. I want to use this time to grow and be strengthened. Caleb works so hard and is such great husband and father, I hate to see him carry this extra burden. Thanks for all the prays! I love you Caleb!
Emilie and Tom are doing great! They are so much fun! I was talking to Emilie today and telling her how much I loved being home with her. I love having her wake me up and ask me to make her some "breksist", and sitting and eating our lunch together. I love playing with her in the bath and cuddling on the couch. I love you Em! I'm so thankful for my children and the happiness they bring us. Thomas has started giving real hugs. OH!!!!! Nothing beats it. To feel his little arms wrap around you. I love you Tom!
Well I'd better keep working. There is always something to do!
Mandie

12 comments:

~Amy said...

What a sweet post, Mandie. Awwww, they really are so sweet, aren't they?

I will say a prayer that everything will work out alright with Caleb's work.

Too funny about the cupcake, twinkie, ding dong story. HA! As Bill Cosby says, "Kids say the funniest things." ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is such a great story about Phil! Ha!
Hey, you have my background! I had mine first!! ;0) We must be true friends!
We will be praying for you guys! Love you!!

Momma Tammi said...

We'll be praying for you and Caleb. Darren and Larissa are facing the same thing and seeing the stress that Darren is under helps me to understand what Caleb is dealing with.

Enjoy all of those little things with your kids now, treasure them...they grow up way too fast and then you look back and wish that you could have it all back again.

Washington Okie said...

"Cupcake" I love ya girl and we'll be praying. God will ALWAYS provide for His Children. Thanks for the story and I'll be sure to let Tammy know I now know she's the "dink dong"

Our prayers are with you.

Bro Ray

Tammy K. said...

Nice post Mandie. I am excited to have those memories with my baby.
I can't wait.
Love you Mandie even though the whole world now knows I am the ding dong...man Phil, why'd you have to do that?? Jk. Those Shuler kids...... When Grace was two I was riding in the car with their family on the way to Bessemer Al, when SHE dropped a pencil and said "it must be Tammy's fault". nearly 18 yrs later,everything is still my fault ~sigh~. I love you Grace and Phil and Mandie for pointing things out :O) . Good memories. I love those Shuler kids. They were fun kids with a lot of creative sayings.

Tammy K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy K. said...

Bro Ray it's dinG dong, you have to get it right if I am going to have the privelage of someone else calling me that... :o)
Mandie Sam and I will be praying for Caleb.

Rebekah Doran said...

Thanks for explaining. That is too cute. Kids are so cute.

Will be praying for you and Caleb. God is faithful like you said.

Kids are so sweet when they are little. Their hugs are the best thing in the world!

Rebekah Doran said...

Ok Mandie, I put the recipe on my blog and the recipe blog for ya. :)

Dave and Melissa said...

I love you sis!! What a great post. It's so much fun to remember things and have new memories with our own kids :) I will be praying for you. God is never late. He always arives when he attends to :)

cokelady said...

Wow--I can't believe how long this post has been here and I'm just now reading it! (I just added you to my blog list though, so now I'll know as soon as you POST SOMETHING NEW.) ;-) Love the Philip story, your kids sound like dolls and I'm SO GLAD you're having SO MUCH FUN being a Mom (that's how it's supposed to be!) and what about an update on Caleb's job? Any news? We'll pray.

Love you, lady!

(And I think it's time for a new post now. Just look at the audience you've attracted! They're all waiting for more!) ;-)

Montgomery's said...

Great pictures! Hope all is well with you guys!